Friday 28 October 2011

HOW TO KEEP THE FISH ACTIVE

Many of us are depressed that my fish is not active and always sits at the bottom of tank,why some fishes are active and some are not??




Here is my post to overcome this problem,Even my flowerhorn was sitting at the bottom,i was so worried that it would die

HERE ARE MY SOME PRECAUTIONS TO KEEP FISH ACTIVE

1.Though flowerhorn is a really strong fish and can live in different water conditions without having problems, anyway it is important to provide a temperature between 25°C and 30°C


2. pH value is also important, because acid water can tone down fish colours and make it sick, the ideal condition is a light alkaline water, with a pH between 7 and 8.


3. A Flower horn will produce a lot of organic waste since it eats a lot. You must therefore perform frequent water changes to keep the water chemistry at suitable levels and prevent the organic compounds from reaching toxic levels that will harm the Flower horn. A 20 percent water change twice a week is the best solution, but once a week is usually okay.


4. Since the Flower horn is a territorial species you should fill the aquarium with decorations that create natural borders. 


5.Oxygen pumps are also essential to the well-being of any fish kept in a tank, as this will replenish the dissolved oxygen in the water. The pumping of air into the water will also cause mild currents and keep the water flowing, preventing uneven distribution of water temperature oxygen concentration. Water must also be flowing in order for the filtration systems to work.


5.Salt is good as a stabilizer of sorts. It helps maintain water conditions and keep the fish healthy by acting as a disinfectant and killing some parasites in the water. Also, although the Flowerhorn is a freshwater fish, even freshwater ponds and rivers have a certain concentration of salt, thus adding a little bit of salt in the water also helps to make the fish feel "at home". A "little bit" would mean one or two teaspoons, too much salt will also kill the fish!


6.The Flowerhorn fish has a voracious appetite. There are no so called "optimum" times when it should be fed, but it is advisable to feed the fish in small amounts spread over a period of time every day.

7.Flowerhorns show their best colours when agitated. When the Flowerhorn sees its reflection in a mirror, it will also be agitated and look its best. Putting mirrors and colourful images in the tank is actually a technique used by competition breeders so that they get the best quality from their fish and increase their chances of winning a competition.



THE MAIN THING TO KEEP THE FLOWER HORN ACTIVE IS WE SHOULD SIT  IN FRONT OF THE AQUARIUM FOR AT LEAST 10 MIN AND PLAY WITH IT AS I'VE DONE IN MY VIDEO BELOW



23 comments:

  1. My flower horn is less than 6 inch small, he is slow eater, not play full, most of time resting in tank bottom,scared of me going closer, my tank is 3 weeks old , I change 20 % water once a week like read on blog, put anti stress solution , feed him blood worm but eats only that very less, tried all other food but no use, his hump in head is small ,pls help me I'm worried ,: jey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry bro keep feeding
      Giv it chicken heart every week
      U don't worry about that if it does not happen then u can also consultant a doctor

      Delete
    2. Bullshit , dont do it, it will die

      Delete
  2. My flower horn is less than 6 inch small, he is slow eater, not play full, most of time resting in tank bottom,scared of me going closer, my tank is 3 weeks old , I change 20 % water once a week like read on blog, put anti stress solution , feed him blood worm but eats only that very less, tried all other food but no use, his hump in head is small ,pls help me I'm worried ,: jey

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much amount of Salt is needed to add in 170-200 litres of water tank...

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 tea spoon I guess

    ReplyDelete
  5. How much salt can I add in 85 litre tank

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought a flowerhorn fry of 1 cm how long will it take to grow?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought a flowerhorn fry of 1 cm how long will it take to grow?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Plz help for me .I brought a flowerhorn red dragon type . His not play with me . But he play with mirror . Plz help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U must be calm
      Flower horn need some time for trust u u shoud give food by ur hand

      Delete
    2. U must be calm
      Flower horn need some time for trust u u shoud give food by ur hand

      Delete
  9. Plz help for me .I brought a flowerhorn red dragon type . His not play with me . But he play with mirror . Plz help

    ReplyDelete
  10. My flowerhorn is not playing with me but he play with mirror plz help me

    ReplyDelete
  11. My flowerhorn is not playing with me but he play with mirror plz help me

    ReplyDelete
  12. Salt concentration is 1 tablespoon salt = 1 gallon of water.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Friends if any problems with ur fish ... 1- set hiter on 26
    2- do not feed over
    3- do not set any decorations in ur tenk bez decorations only for look but fish not ok with decorations
    4- change 30% water 2 time in week
    5- upgrade ur tank size

    ReplyDelete
  14. I brought a golden flower horn 6 month ago now it's head appear but it always swim at the bottom and one of the eye look blurred and bad

    ReplyDelete
  15. This page contains alot of false info, so i wont recommend this to anyone... I kept fh for 17 yrs and none of this is even valid... dissatisfied
    Had some good points though

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey m having baby flowerhorn of 3 months nd since 2 days it's not having poty nd not active also nd also not even took its food

    ReplyDelete
  17. Please help me my fh having problems to outcomes her poops nd bcoz of that not able to move nd get active properly nd don't able to intake food also plzz help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Change the tank 30%of your tank water twice a week.Dont switch of your heater.

      Delete
  18. Can someone let me know if flowerhorns of 1inch need heater?

    ReplyDelete