It has been a long time since last post, I thought of stop posting in this blog as i'm not into flowerhorn these days ,I looked at some YouTube videos giving wrong information about flowerhorns and selling it online for huge prices.
I want to let you know a big secret about flowerhorns,Before that, let me answer some common questions i always get,
Q1 : Is this flowerhorn really worth the price i'm paying??
Q2 : The baby flowerhorn i'm buying has the good sized hump now,Is the hump gonna be developed as the fish body does??
Q3 : My flowerhorn has good hump but i dont see any spots or color,What should i do??
I will try to answer to all these questions in one shot,
Only male flowerhorns can grow a good sized, well shaped head and color, I would always consider a flowerhorn as good one if it has a good sized hump, good red color that covers almost 3/4th of the body, well shaped body and nice small spots around the mouth and gills area.
- If you are a newbie, looking to buy a baby flowerhorn you and don't know anything about it, I would suggest you to look at flowerhorn parents first, especially male. ,Make sure you see all the features i've mentioned above in the parent male, color and spots may vary depending on the flowerhorn type, If it is a "RED DRAGON" flowerhorn,you would see nice red color almost covering whole body with less spots on it, Try to always pick a male if you want nice vivid colors with big hump.(males are usually aggressive and active in the tanks,you can spot them easily,Whatever you feed , maintain does not matter if it's male parent is not of good breed.)
- Flowerhorns can live upto 10-12 years,It is important to get the baby flowerhorn that is breeded by young parents which helps the baby to get all the features very quickly without any extra supplements.
- You got male baby flowerhorn with good sized hump and even it's parent male has got all the features, that does not stop there .You have to start feeding them with good nutritious food,I don't suggest any preservatives for baby flowerhorns, I would usualy feed them live small bloodworms and baby goldfishes 3 or 4 times a day. if you cant get bloodworms , try feeding it XO Humpy head sliced in half or 1/4th.
- Theses bloodworms and babygoldfishes are rich in nutrients, easy to digest, enriches color, helps in hump development.
- What about spots?? I don't recommend any food for spots as it is natural for fish to get its natural body color, shape or spots, if you are feeding the fish properly, it should be able to get good spots,if it does not, it is its nature.(DONT OVERDO!! )
- Price?? Currently the price of good babyflowerhorn fish comes around approximately
- 2 inches - 800rs
- 3 inches - 1600rs
- 4 to 5 inches -2500 to 300rs
- These prices are for perfect hump,good red color and nice shaped flowerhorn fishes and the prices may vary in different states.
If you have some unanswered questions, please let us know in the comments.